Image Map

Sunday, October 28, 2012

imPRESS in stripes!



I'm impressed.
-----------------------------------

Maybe you haven't heard the buzz about the new crazy called imPRESS press-on nail.
I decided to give it a try tonight to see what the crazy is all about and if these things last for a full seven days, I will be spending a lot more money at Walgreens! :)


If you haven't heard about imPRESS, the main difference is the applying method. There is no yucky nail glue that you have to reply every day when one nail pops off. You simply find the nail that fits your real nail, pull off the protective backing underneath the nail and press firm starting from the center and moving to the sides. The coating looks like a professionally done gel nail job done at a salon and they feel even lighter than acrylics!
Don't get me wrong, I love getting pampered and going to the salon, but I've been very bummed the last few times as the after result has really taken a toll on my natural nails. Removing gel or acrylic nails take layers off each time you try to get rid of that pain in the butt glue. Not to mention how weak and breakable they become.


Nicole Scherzinger is the spokeswoman for the brand and since she is very involved in the beauty/fashion industry, I'm taking her word...right now... ;)
Give me until next Sunday for my full approval.

Something to think about for a last minute event, don't want to drop $40 at the salon, wanting a funky design for Halloween? Check out the website. I got mine at Walgreens for only $7.99, and I know they sell at other store.

Here's some of the other designs, 
plus many more on the website:




On to a very random subject...

This thought ran through my head today while Alex and I were watching Sunday football and the Pittsburgh Steelers wore their throwback uniforms worn in 1933.


This made me think, is the old statement of, "stripes make you look larger than you actually are".
Is that still true with today's fashion?

These men don't really make the look very flattering...especially the big boys that don't necessarily have the most "petite" figure. :)

But, when looking at the picture of a few well known Hollywood starlets, I think the design of the tops are still very fitting to all of their petite, fit bodies.


What are your thoughts? Are stripes flattering? Or are they better worn in a jail cell? :)

Comment on your thoughts!
 Looking forward to hearing what you think.

Sleep well, friends and have a great Monday!

4 comments:

  1. I love fake nails! Since I still bite mine, I usually either get acrylics or the kind you glue on. Please let me know if these nails last the full 7 days, I might have to try them!

    PS-love the blog. Keep those posts coming!

    <3 Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must run in the family. I still have the nail biting habit! I have to have some sort of fake nail on my fingers! HATE IT!

    I will for such check in on Sunday and tell you how they're lasting!

    Thank you so much about my blog. Spread the word if you know any ladies that would be interested! :)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am all about the stripes! I think its a simple yet classic pattern that goes with just about any outfit.

    love your blog girlie! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw yay! Glad you like it Jen! I'm lovin stripes too. Especially with some bright skinny jeans!

    ReplyDelete